Care You Can Count On!
Regarding COVID-19 Precautions:
The Health & Safety of Patients, Visitors and Staff at Rockway Chiropractic Clinic is a Priority
Visits to our clinic are going to seem a little different now. The rules about how we’re allowed to practice have changed, but only to keep everyone safe while in the clinic. We’ve installed a new plexiglass barrier on the front desk, removed chairs, books and toys from the reception area, and have created a second, isolated waiting area for use when needed. Hand sanitizer is now available in all rooms, and our booking schedule has changed as well.
In order for us to ensure proper physical distancing and abide by provincial guidelines, we will only be allowing one patient into the clinic at a time, with the exception of multiple patients who reside in the same household. Appointments will now be less frequent as we need sufficient time for your treatment, COVID-19 screening, and proper cleaning of the clinic between patients.
What to Expect Now at Rockway
- You’ll be required to answer questions about COVID-19 before coming into the clinic. Anyone with specific symptoms, has had contact with someone with acute respiratory illness or COVID-19, or who has travelled out of the country may not enter the clinic.
- Our building is still locked 24 hours per day, so when you arrive for your appointment, you will have to call us from outside so we can open the door for you. You will be asked the COVID-19 screening questions during this call before we can allow you to come in.
- Please bring and use your own face mask when attending our clinic. This can be a medical mask or any cloth covering. Dr. Greg will also be wearing a mask during your appointment and Nancy will be taking care of you at the front desk behind our new plexiglass barrier.
- Hand sanitizer must be used upon entering and exiting the clinic. We have a bottle set up at the door. Gloves must be removed prior to entering the clinic as they can not be adequately cleaned. Hand sanitizer is also available in the treatment room.
- Timeliness is even more significant now. We are unable to let you in early for your appointment, but we need you to be on time. Late arrivals will have to be rescheduled as we really need to have adequate time before and after your appointment for proper patient care and clinic cleaning. This will also mean that all non-clinical conversations with Nancy and Dr. Greg will have to be kept to a minimum so we can keep to our schedule.
- If you have a health issue or new condition that will likely require more of our time, you must make us aware of this prior to your appointment. Dr. Greg can speak to you by phone ahead of your appointment if needed in order to keep your appointment focused and on time.
- Children will have to be supervised by their parents at all times. We have removed all of the toys and Nancy is no longer able to come around to the front of the desk. We also can not allow guests to accompany you into the clinic, unless they are providing assistance to you in any way. Parents may of course accompany children who have an appointment. All non-patients will be screened as well prior to entering the clinic.
- We will be recording the names and phone numbers of all visitors to the clinic for potential contact tracing purposes.
- We have acquired a new touchless payment terminal for the front desk and would prefer non-cash transactions. We can also email account statements to you to decrease the handling of paper where possible.
Everything listed above is for your safety, and ours. We will do everything we can to keep us all protected while being able to enjoy your visit to our clinic. It’s the new normal, and together we’ll make it work.
Our New Clinic Hours:
Monday: 12:00 to 5:00
Tuesday: 8:00 to 1:00
Wednesday: 1:00 to 6:00
Thursday: 3:00 to 8:00
Friday: 8:00 to 1:00
Dr. Greg Bidinosti and his staff are passionate about helping others, regardless of what ails you. The number of problems that can be helped through regular chiropractic care may surprise you! From infant colic, to back pain relief, to headaches, injuries and arthritis – Rockway Chiropractic Clinic can help!
Your First Visit
It starts with a little paperwork, of course. We need to know who you are and why you called us.
Dr. Bidinosti will review what you’ve written and then invite you to talk about whatever has brought you to our clinic. We will explore what you’re feeling, as well as how and when it may have started.
If it seems like a problem we can help you with, we’ll move on to the physical examination.
If we need to see or feel the skin under your clothing directly, you will be asked first if this okay. Your comfort and privacy will always be respected.
We’ll then look at your posture and ability to bend and twist. We’ll have you sit or lay down on our exam table so we can feel the problem areas with our hands, including:
• Which bones and joints are moving properly – and which are not?
• Is there any joint tenderness or inflammation?
• Are the muscles tight? Are the nerves irritated?
• Are the signals that normally pass through your nervous system somehow being affected?
• Where is your pain coming from?
When your exam is complete we’ll decide if further tests are required (i.e. x-rays), or if we have enough information to tell you what is wrong, and make the appropriate recommendations for care. We’ll always review your consent to treatment, and a care plan will be made that is unique for you.
Everything will be discussed with you before your care begins!
Sometimes we can start your treatment the first day. This will depend on the complexity of your problems. If it is an uncomplicated case, no x-rays or other tests and information is required, and time allows, we can likely begin your care right away.
Your treatment at Rockway Chiropractic Clinic is traditional, hands-on care designed to restore balance and mobility to stiff, achy joints and muscles. The foundation of chiropractic and the meaning of our profession’s name is, “to heal with the hands.”
With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Greg will feel and correct your trouble areas using the time-tested and research-validated techniques that are most appropriate for you. There are many different types of chiropractic techniques, which are sometimes referred to as “adjustments” or manual therapy.
Your care may consist of:
- Slow Stretches
- Quick Adjustments
- Massage Of Tight Joints & Muscles
Dr. Greg will do his very best to start you on the path to regaining the good feeling and well-being you’ve been looking for.
Like your examination, treatment will take place in a private room, with your clothing on. Treatment will be performed with you sitting or lying down on our adjusting table, and you will have the full attention of your chiropractor. This is not an open clinic where there are multiple tables and strangers in the same room. You will only be cared for and treated by Dr. Greg. We will not delegate your care to an assistant or technician.
We don’t use fancy gadgets or hook you up to mysterious machines at Rockway,
and we certainly don’t have you sit in a dark corner of the clinic to exercise on your own!
If exercises are required as a part of your care plan,
you will be instructed on how to perform them in the comfort of your own home.
As always, the more diligent you are at keeping your appointments and performing any prescribed exercise, the better your chances of success will be. While no one can ever guarantee the results of a health care treatment, we promise to always do our best for you. A series of chiropractic treatments over a specific period of time will be recommended for you. The amount of care required is different for each person, but we will try to get you back to good health as soon as we can. The most effective program is typically two sessions per week and will often involve care for a 4 to 6 week period. A progress assessment is performed following your initial course of care to check how well your body has improved with your chiropractic adjustments.
The best results will be achieved when you follow the plan to its natural conclusion, whatever your goals may be:
- When you’re feeling better
- When you feel that your body is more balanced and healthy
- When you’re able to play your games, or perform your regular activities to your highest ability
Many of our patients choose to continue their chiropractic care after their initial problem has been resolved. Wellness/maintenance care is a great way to preserve the positive changes your body has achieved. Again, how long you choose to benefit from chiropractic care is always up to you. We’re here to help.